Thursday, March 18, 2010

Heap of help on the way!


Hello art lovers! wow.. 3 posts in less that 2 weeks! I'm on a holy roll!

Okay, so I'm almost finished framing "African Angel." I want to make sure its as perfect as possible so that my painting can be part of the church plant team's efforts in raising funds for the trip to Kenya. I'm hoping that her eyes will open hearts and wallets so that her little village receives the help they  need and a brand new church building where they can worship.


"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

Sometimes being an artist is so hard emotionally and even physically, but when God uses your talents to help humanity... which He desires from all of us... it's the most amazing feeling... to know that God is smiling when we do. I mean, that's why He gave us talents in the first place... to bless others and to give Him joy!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..Colossians 3:23

Sorry, I goofed on my last post - correction: Bondo is in Kenya and not Uganda. Our church has a mission to Uganda every years as well. I get them confused.  Maybe someday I will be on one of those teams. I would love it!



so I'm fixing this post and adding links so you know I'm for real. feel me?
http://www.ichooseyou.net/  and  http://www.cypresscreekchurch.com

Almost forgot - I'm having an image made for gicleƩ prints of African Angel. I hope to sell them to recoup some of the money invested. I'd like to sell a few for continued help in the missions efforts...if anyone is interested. $50 ea.

the original is 18"x14" oil on canvas and the gilceĆ© will also be canvas. 

add $8 for shipping.

Be blessed
....over and out!


2 comments: