Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pulled out my dusty oils

Hey there art lovers, I actually have a night to myself! Really exciting but, I feel kind of lost at the moment. I hope to start a new painting tonight.  My subject? A little African girl with the biggest eyes I've ever seen and a an innocent smile that says, "I dont have a care in the world or a clue about how desperate I am."

I've never painted a dark skinned person. I consider this a challenge involving a great deal of joy!  The only problem is I haven't painted with oils for almost 8 years. Scary stuff!  When I'm finished I'm giving it to a friend who will sell it at a fundraiser/concert to raise money for a mission trip to Bondo, Uganda. I hope it sells.

Okay, so I'm stalling....playing with my cat, Mogli. He is so fat and soft. He knows he's not getting my full attention because I'm scratching his ears while I type this. He really wants to bit me right now but he's stalling.

I'll post this little African Angel soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment