Monday, May 24, 2010

vessel in the Reign

Hello art lovers...  To me symbolism speaks volumes in art. Many times Jesus spoke in parables and used, "narrative art" given directly from His Father to help people of any generation to seek, understand and unlock the eternal truths that He spoke. 

John 12:49-50 (NIV): "For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."


To try and explain my faith story through paint, using symbolism is the most efficient way to get there from my heart.  I love to study abstract art like that of one of my favorites, Picaso. To untangle a work of abstract art (assuming the artist had hidden information within the art for me to find) is a delight to my eyes and mind. 


Understanding where the artist is taking you is what art is all about. In my opinion however, at times artist abuse their gift of story teller. I mean, "every picture tells a story dont it?" Thanks Rod!

Vessel in the Reign (Glory from the Father) is a story of glory and the rhythm of His Reign in Heaven – Life, worship, death, eternal life, worship – 5'x4' acrylic and collage on canvas.  enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment