Friday, January 1, 2010

Time Stands Still?

Happy New Year Art Lovers!  


It's 2010!! This fact is really hitting home. Time is marching through His-story at a vaporous pace and I'm feeling my artist spirit begin to hyperventilate! During the holiday break off from school and busy work days I'm usually able to experience that amazing feeling of paint smoothing over a canvas. However, medical emergencies and moving furniture filled this one. As I reflect on 2009 I'm left with the summary of what I'm not doing in my art career.  High hopes gave way to low productivity while raising kids and funds.  So, 2010... and I begin again. Not giving up but diving in. Not sulking, but shaking my head and laughing at myself... because my kids are healthy! Thank you Jesus!  And, there's always enough food in the pantry and gas in the cars.  All I ask for this year is that time would stand still... just a little while, so that creativity might flow and finished paintings could grow so that I'd have something to show.  


If no one sees your art.... is it?  

2 comments:

  1. I love your words, Mary. You are so good at hitting it home. That is exactly how my 2009 has been. Thank God for new beginnings! So we begin again with new resolve and new paintings to be painted that will become our own His-story. I encourage you to paint YOUR story this year with HIS direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeannette! I always look forward to what my friend Jeannette has to say and paint! I'm excited to see what you do with this year my friend. Me too! Actually, I've restarted a painting. Its a rediscovery of an old work of my Saviour. He is the only subject I can start off this year painting. The only subject I have the desire to learn from and about. He is never over painted and over studied, never! He is the same, though... yesterday, today and forever more. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete