Tuesday, September 15, 2009

HIGH TIDE


This painting was painted live at an event called FLOW, "For The Love of Water". The event was a weekend seminar/workshop thing to raise awareness of the drought in Texas.  I was asked to paint live at their "quick draw" auction. I did. Here it is.  It was a blast!  


The artist were asked to paint their love of water.  I absolutely love water, of course.  And I love color. High Tide is all about the emotion and life around water. Without it we die.  Water is fluid color, excitement, movement, reflections and collections of shapes. My watery painting is called High Tide because I love the ocean, and all the interesting stuff that washes up with the tide onto the beach. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous painting from a fabulous woman!! I love you Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, too!

    ReplyDelete